Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Way Of The Master - Up Close and Personal


I make no secret of the fact that I love the "Way of the Master" / "Living Waters" ministry of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. It is a ministry that blows like fresh invigorating air through an overly sanitised "Christian media". These are guys who take the Gospel out of the sanctuary and to the coalface.

Where else will you find a Hollywood actor risking life and limb to witness to Hispanic gang members, pagans trembling under conviction of the Holy Spirit, open air preaching not afraid to engage in debate with the angriest of atheists, innovative Gospel tracts that hardened sinners gladly take, talkback radio not afraid to witness live or tackle controversial issues, and training designed to equip Christians for their primary purpose - the Great Commission.

Way of the Master (WOTM) is a ministry where the purity of the once for all delivered Gospel is paramount. Ray Comfort's foundational teaching "Hell's Best Kept Secret" awakened my senses to my inability to faithfully articulate the Christian message and the lack of faithfull Gospel preaching in many modern evangelical churches. It is a ministry that has been a MASSIVE part of my Christian education and as such I look forward to bringing readers a closer working knowledge of WOTM and the people that make it tick (Ray Comfort isn't even paying me very much for doing this).

I have had the great priveledge of meeting most of the WOTM team and the WOTM Radio team (now operating under the "Wretched Radio" banner. I will be profiling many of these people over the coming weeks. Some you may know, some you might not - but these guys are the real deal and I am excited to bring you a closer look at some of these humble servants who are the real deal and operate true to their teaching whether the camera is rolling or noone is looking.

Starting tomorrow and continuing every Wednesday and Saturday we'll be taking a closer look at the many varied and colorful characters that are a part of WOTM.

Continued tomorrow - "Brainiac"

1 comment:

Cameron Buettel said...

I am so grateful for this ministry. I have been able to learn biblical evangelism from a distance through them.