Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stop Press! Barack Obama is Not the Messiah

You might need to sit down! I know that since Barack Obama was elected there's been a lot of change and hope and hope in the change and change in the hope that brings change . . . . I was certainly under the impression that he is the messiah - at least the world's messiah.



All the fawning over him by politicians, celebrities, and anyone else lacking a shred of discernment has made me want to throw up at times. Even certain supposed Christian leaders have thrown biblical discernment out the window in their gushing over a president who supports infanticide. Am I going political here? Only insofar as to point out that as Christians we need to be practicing a biblical worldview rather than getting swept up in Obamalism - and a lot of professing Christians are. Every "Christian" publication I have seen in Denmark (where I live) has referred to Obama as a Christian - a man who denies the exclusivity of Jesus (just for starters).

What is going on? A black man is in the White House and everyone seems to be excited in some sort of outbreak of inverse racism. Dr King's dream was that a man would be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin - to that I say amen. I'll let another black man, Alan Keyes (Obama's political opponent while governor of Illinois) give his up close assessment of Obama's character. We all know that Alan can get wound up (in fact I find it one of his most endearing qualities) but his comments regarding Obama's radical pro-abortion views hit home!

1 comment:

Cameron Buettel said...

Alan Keyes is a weapon!